Summer time is the perfect time to jump in the car and drive off to the beach, a nice restaurant, a baseball game, or the pool. But because of the hotter, more intense weather, our vehicle’s are more at risk for overheating.
Here are some ways to help avoid car overheating and to keep your interior comfortable throughout the season for you and your passengers:
- Try to park in the shade whenever possible
- Look into tinted windows or purchase a windshield sun shade
- When you first turn on your A/C, start them from the bottom vents. This will push the hot air up and cool your vehicle faster.
- Keep your eye on the dashboard temperature gauge. If you notice that the temperature is unusually hot, you may want to have your vehicle inspected.
- Make sure that your engine’s coolant is filled and clean.
- Consider having a coolant fluid flush performed by your local mechanic to clean out the system and ensure that your engine is kept cool throughout summer.
- Have your vehicle’s battery checked for charge.
Your vehicle can overheat from a number of different things, including a cooling system issue, low coolant, a thermostat problem, low engine oil, a faulty radiator fan, and more. If you suspect an issue with any of these components, don’t hesitate to stop by our shop today for service before you get stuck with an overheated vehicle.